Argyll & Bute Council is seeking a highly organized and customer-focused Administrative Assistant to provide support to the HR&OD Manager in delivering efficient HR&OD services. This role offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable insight into Human Resource and Organizational Development service delivery within the council.
- Provide quality administrative support, including diary management and scheduling meetings.
- Utilize Microsoft packages, including MS Teams and MS 365, for efficient workflow management.
- Assist with HR&OD functions, utilizing previous experience or demonstrating the willingness to learn.
- Meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined in the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Teams and MS 365.
- Experience in diary management and scheduling meetings.
- Familiarity with HR functions will be advantageous.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Generous holiday and sick pay entitlement.
- Access to retail and high-street discounts.
- Flexible working hours (Flexitime) for improved work-life balance.
- Employee Assistance Programme for personal support.
- Group life assurance coverage.
- Unlimited access to the council’s eLearning platform for personal development.
- Participation in the local government pension scheme.
Browse Remote Jobs
About Argyll & Bute Council:
Argyll & Bute Council is the second-largest local authority in Scotland in terms of area. Our council serves 23 inhabited islands and offers breathtaking scenery that showcases the best of Scotland. Despite the challenges posed by remote and rural locations, our teams continuously find innovative ways to deliver services to widely dispersed communities.
This position is classified as remote, allowing the post holder to conduct the majority of their activities from any location. The successful candidate will be allocated an administrative base within Argyll and Bute and can choose to work from an office and/or remotely based on personal preference.
- This is a part-time role, requiring 17.5 hours per week, ideally spread over 4 days.
- Interviews will be conducted on 24/25 July 2023.
- Job sharing is not available for this position.
- The salary displayed represents the full-time equivalent; the actual salary will be paid pro rata based on hours worked.
Application Process For Administrative Assistant:
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the top of this page. For any clarification regarding the job description or vacancy advert, kindly contact the recruiting manager, Kay Owen, HR Projects & Information Officer at the given address.
Please note that applications must be submitted via the “Apply Now” button on this page, and CVs will not be accepted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the wider society we serve. At Argyll & Bute Council, we aim to be an employer of choice, promoting equality, diversity, and well-being. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment, please visit our Equality & Diversity Policy.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a dynamic team and contribute to the delivery of HR&OD services in Argyll and Bute Council. Apply now!